Business Unit: O&M Agency
Location: Johannesburg, GP
Reports To: Head of TV and Radio production
Head of Radio.
The role form part of a team that will define and drive the effective workflow of all assignments from beginning to end in the Radio Department. The scope includes leading a team with the focus being on continued growth, development, management and supervision of all activities to a successful execution.
Key Performance Areas:
• Management and Operationalization of the Department;
- Ensure that all work that goes through the system is up to standard and accurate;
- Ensure that accounts are divided up and work allocated to the appropriate producers accurately and efficiently;
- Maintain and update status and keep abreast of all work being produced;
- Maintain high quality standard of work constantly and in line with industry fluctuations;
- Handle own accounts on the portfolio;
- Keeping abreast with new technology and sourcing new suppliers for better delivery on radio solutions.
- Liaise with the Creative Directors concerning any radio production related queries and or problems and the resolution thereof;
- Ensure adequate client satisfaction and organizational objectives;
- Maintain client and supplier relationships during execution, disputes and negotiations;
- Large contact base within the industry of prospective clients, service providers and forthcoming projects;
- Ensure clear agreement of client objectives and that these are met or exceed;
• Human Resources;
- Review staff performance and recommend necessary training for staff to achieve or exceed organizational and career objectives;
- Develop and maintain relevant competencies for own team
- Management and support own team
- Provide timely and accurate Board report monthly;
- Ensure that all the filing and office administration are being handled correctly and that all work is stored and is easily accessible;
The position requires a relevant tertiary qualification (or equivalent) or relevant related discipline with minimum 5 – 10 years agency experience at management level. Suitable person must possess strong experience across the full radio production cycle, solid record of accomplishment of having led and managed teams.
Previous experience in influencing and directing people across the business will be an added advantage. A proven record of accomplishment delivering from inception right through to completion, high level of organization and a sense of creativity, an artistic flair is often an integral part of the job and attention to detail is paramount in such a fast-paced high technological environment. As and when required the position may require working outside normal working hours.
Core competencies and skills:
The ideal candidate must be target driven with a strong service orientation. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills along with high-level people management, cost control acumen are required. Strong personal integrity, ability to lead, and good at creating effective teams and generating trust and respect through excellent results and good knowledge of available relevant resources.
Analytical, decision-making, problem solving and time management skills are articulate requirements for the position. Basic knowledge of regulatory requirements (LRA, BCEA Act), highly skilled in utilizing all of the computer-based tools and software present in today’s high-tech environment, in addition to other computer programs that run the overall operations of a Radio Department. Presentation to clients and ability to stand up and run client Inductions,
Ogilvy & Mather South Africa is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, colour, creed, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, citizenship, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation or because of gender identity or expression.