Business Unit: O&M Agency
Location: Cape Town, WC
Reports To: Managing Partner
Ogilvy One Cape Town has a vacancy for a Head of development (Web/PHP) to assist with the development, management, production and maintenance of digital projects by ensuring that updates and changes to client websites and other digital media are on time, on budget and on brief.
• Head up the development team
• Recommend best practices and influence processes
• Advise creative and client service teams on project
• Report to the department head
• Computer Science or equivalent programming degree/ diploma
• Minimum Five years PHP/MySQL working experience
• Experience using Html5/CSS3
• Experience using various JS Frameworks (jQuery/BackboneJS/etc)
• Mobile web development experience
• Experience using MVC’s like CakePHP, Zend Framework, etc.
• Working with the LAMP, WAMPP stacks
• Experience building mobile applications
• Digital agency/Creative studio experience
• Experience using code repositories such as subversion/git
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to handle stress in a calm and mature manner
• Ability to work on multiple projects to tight deadlines
• Work to best practices in development and coding standards
• Work well in a team and also recommend best practices and new ideas
• Motivated to continue learning, researching and implement new technologies.
• Team player with good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Please include the job title in the subject line of your e-mail. Please note that correspondence will only be made with short-listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within three weeks of applying, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Ogilvy & Mather South Africa is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, colour, creed, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, citizenship, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation or because of gender identity or expression.