Business Unit: Ogilvy Public Relations
Location: Johannesburg, GP
The ideal entry-level candidate must be an active go-getter who brings a sense of urgency to their work and a “let’s get things done” mentality to every project, with the drive and stamina to excel in an exciting, busy, and high-growth creative environment.
- Daily tasks will include uploading content to our site, coding newsletters, researching and resizing images, and writing news stories.
- Produce accurate, interesting and engaging features, snippets and promotions, and scan magazine materials as requested.
- Uploading copy, photos, and videos into our content management systems.
- Coding weekly.
- Routinely performing quality assurance checks on website articles.
- Producing and preparing content
- The junior content producer needs to keep abreast of all that’s happening across the World Wide Web that may be of relevance to the brand.
- At least an undergraduate degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field.
- An understanding of digital content
- Proficiency in Photoshop.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and grammatical skills.
- Ability to work with people at many levels.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Relentless ambition and work ethic.
- Knowledge of the production process, including content development, pre-production, strategy, research, and writing.
- Passion for the industry and a desire to learn and grow in the profession.
- Needs to have an interest in books, music, movies, fashion, restaurants and socialising – and to be able to write reviews/ reports on these.
- Required to localise or expand copy from other sources by doing the additional research necessary.
- To scan magazine materials as and when requested.
- To submit multimedia ideas as well as create multimedia material when requested.
- Required to be highly organized with a strong attention to detail, and have a “no job is to small” attitude.
Ogilvy & Mather South Africa is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, colour, creed, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, citizenship, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation or because of gender identity or expression.