Business Unit: Ogilvy Public Relations
Department: Account Management
Location: Johannesburg, GP
An account director should be an experienced, broadly capable project and account manager who handles a wide range of assignments, projects and/or clients with a high degree of success and independence. She/he has strong client relationships and is considered a potential company leader.
An account director has demonstrated high-level professional knowledge and skills. She/he is able to manage a piece of a large account or a few smaller ones, with little top cover from her/his business director, director and/or managing director, as well as the staff assigned to the business. She/he should have strong project management, budgeting, counselling, programme, people management and business development skills with increased emphasis and demonstrated success in building business and people. She/he has the confidence and support of client contacts and strong relationships with the client organisation. An account director demonstrates the ability and wherewithal to deliver on our vision, performance requirements and growth projections. An account director has strong relationships with and the confidence of the client.
Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide South Africa Standards, these standards are to be adhered to, monitored and evaluated in conjunction with the job description on a quarterly basis.
An account director meets all the responsibilities and expectations of an account manger and:
- Develop the tasklist and action plan within 24 hours of client approval of a project
- Host recce with client and suppliers within the first week of sign off
- Source and book and brief all suppliers
- Arrival at least five hours prior to manage all logistics
- Prepare and take along a event kit with all relevant tasklists and contact details
- Meet and host the media during the event
- Manage media expectations and requirements at the event
- Establish what the client requires post the event and deadlines
- Thank you e-mailer to be sent by 12pm the day after the event
- Event review to be prepared and delivered within 48hours of the event
Ogilvy & Mather South Africa is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, colour, creed, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, citizenship, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation or because of gender identity or expression.