Business Unit: Ogilvy Public Relations
Location: Johannesburg, GP
Reports To: Production Manager
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE A FINANCE OR ACCOUNTING BACKGROUND
An administrator should be a capable communications professional able to handle a broad variety of tasks with increasing independence and sound judgment.
An administrator has the ability and experience to play a primary implementation role in client work. He/she must have basic, writing, media, organisational, research and production skills, be able to handle direct account director contact.
An administrator works closely with the team is able to deliver of admin tasks in the office and:
- Performs day-to-day office assistance by replenishing the photocopier, ensuring that the office is neat and tidy, answers calls in the absence of other colleagues in the office as well as assisting with basis preparation of media packs, updating media and client lists and preparing goodie bags and gifts
- Is fully familiar with the team’s communications plans for accounts and understands and tracks clients’ businesses.
- Acts as a liaison between, outside suppliers (graphic designers, photographers, A/V houses, etc.) and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (e.g., employees, media, interest groups).
- Interacts with client contacts and others in a professional, positive and appropriate manner.
- Is gaining knowledge of the full range of resources available throughout the company.
- Is generally familiar with work of other account teams, other offices and operating units.
- Demonstrates competence at using internal and external research capabilities and in preparing administrative materials for account teams.
- Balances work load and tasks, communicating effectively with team members.
- Exemplifies solid teamwork capabilities while constantly learning from the teams at all levels.
Initiative and general management
- Is familiar with, and supports achievement of, the company’s vision and exemplifies the company’s values.
- Demonstrates initiative in identifying and proposing enhanced ways to advance team, group, agency and client interests.
- Operates with a high degree of independence, but knows when to rely on own judgment and when to seek advice of supervisor and other team members.
- Applies sound judgment in anticipating and taking action to avoid many workplace and client issues and problems.
- Assists peers in problem solving.
- Proactively seeks and shares information with colleagues and clients.
- Participates actively in team, staff and client meetings where necessary.
- Displays work ethic and values of the firm in day-to-day behaviour.
- Takes initiative in building skills and knowledge and otherwise increasing her/his value to the agency and to clients.
- Works with supervisor to identify and address training, education and skill-building needs
- Continually seeks new ways to learn and improve.
- Exhibits a sense of curiosity about client work and seeks more information and knowledge in response.
Ogilvy & Mather South Africa is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, colour, creed, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, citizenship, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation or because of gender identity or expression.